Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Following the Plan

My plan is paint San Francisco landmarks and views. To implement this plan I decided to invite a fellow painter and commit to plein air painting in San Francisco every Tuesday, no matter what.

Yesterday the weather report was for wind and scattered showers—definitely not optimal for plein air painting, but we went anyway.

The weather was sunny with scattered clouds and no wind, a perfect plein air painting day. Recent rains colored sections of distant hills and the foreground. With the sun on my back and the sound of waves breaking on the beach, I chose colors and applied brushstrokes with delight! 

After about 3 hours, my painting looked like this:
Golden Gate Bridge as seen from Baker Beach Overlook
Golden Gate Bridge as seen from Baker Beach Overlook






















I need to paint a few more details on the Golden Gate Bridge, and perhaps tone down the burgundy ice plant on the dunes of Baker Beach in San Francisco, California.

Just wondering what you think...

More paintings of San Francisco

No comments: