Sunday, March 10, 2013

Being My Best

Being my best is honoring who I am while choosing to be open to learning something new.

Today I went to a Conservation Photography workshop at the California Academy of SciencesConservation Photography is creating images that tell a story for a specific purpose. The purpose can be anything from an environmental concern, to aspects in nature, a social issue, or capturing images that need to be recorded for scientific or historical reasons. This is accomplished  by collaborating with a writer, a nonprofit, for-profit corporation, an historian, or a scientist.

I also learned why I must stop using the auto-mode on my camera and use the manual settings. To honor my creativity I must select what to capture, how to create the most memorable image, and how to frame it to communicate my message to the targeted audience who partners with me to facilitate change or positive action.

My image of the day is a painting of the sky. It sums up my experience at Lands End near the Cliff House in San Francisco where I stepped into the drama in the sky. See more sunset paintings.

Sunset Flavors

Did you learn something new today? How did it help you in the moment or later in the day?

No comments: